A new LOLER Approved Code of Practice and guidance has been published by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), which sets out what you should do to comply with the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER).
This guidance is for:
– those who work with any equipment provided at work
– the use of people at work
– those who employ such people
– those that represent them and
– those people who act as a competent person in the examination of lifting equipment.
This edition brings the document up to date with regulatory and other changes. The guidance clarifies which equipment is subject to the provisions of the regulations and the role of the competent person.
The context and examples have been expanded to show that LOLER applies across every sector using lifting equipment, with new examples from the health and social care sector.